If your loved one has been diagnosed with Sickle Cell Disease, it’s natural to want to support them in managing their condition. Sickle Cell Intervention has compiled a list for friends and family members of Sickle Cell Warriors. Here are 8 ways you can help:
- Show EMPATHY to the person suffering from SCD. They go through such an excruciating pain in life.
- Do you know your GENOTYPE. Are you AA, AS, SS, SC?
- Get EDUCATED and EDUCATE others. One of Our personal mission is to deliver education to areas in the world that really need it. We believe education is the cure-all – if you can allow people the gift of education then they can innovate through any problem. Educate people around you about the illness that the ailment is not contagious but it is inherited.
- Support A SICKLE CELL patient of foundation today : Support my foundation Sickle Cell Intervention. The slogan says “Raising Hopes, Saving Lives”.
- Relationships goals: As you hang out with that handsome guy or cute babe, ask to know his/her GENOTYPE before you start dating. You don’t want to have a baby with sickle cell disease. BREAK THE SICKLE CYCLE
- Family involvement is necessary to support sickle Cell disease victims.
- Stop the STIGMA: Health related stigma is a big issue when it comes to sickle cell patients, and health care professionals needs to get a wider insights by training them to know more about the disease itself and how to manage it successfully.
- Emotional Care: People with sickle cell disease and their families have to cope with a chronic condition, which causes psychological distress and affects their quality of life. Therefore, psychological interventions are indicated to complement medical treatment for effective management. Please help to support them and don’t be judgemental.